One Answer.. Your local independent insurance agent. Period.
It’s the convenience, the reassurance and the service that will make it all worth your while and here’s why.
- One stop-shopping for competitive rates. Most insurance agencies will have multiple carriers. This will allow them to do competitive ratings on your policies.
- Your time is money. All the shopping for a better price is done for you. An independent agent would price out the coverage you need at the best price they can find between their carriers. All you have to do is pick up the phone and ask.
- Eliminate the guesswork. Trying to figure out the correct amount of coverage needed can be a frustrating experience. An independent agent has the knowledge to advise you correctly.
- Everyone is different. The liability risk in the event of a loss for each individual is different. It all depends on what you have to lose. An agent can take in consideration all of your assets and make a determination what you should have for liability coverage.
- Insurance for multiple types of coverage. Whether it’s a boat, auto, RV, motorcycle or home, to have your policies in one place makes it easily manageable and in most cases, easier on the wallet. An independent agent can offer you a multi-policy discount when combining your auto & home policies.
- It’s not Tinbuktu. A local independent agent is just that, local. It’s only a phone call away and if you have a problem that your insurance carrier cannot resolve with you, you can get in the car and visit an agent for help. That’s what makes them different than the rest. It’s the service which is unsurpassable.
- It may be half the price, but it’s also half the coverage. In most cases, when shopping for a better price, if it’s half the price of what you paid, it’s probably only 6 months of coverage. Read the small print. Who wants to have a policy renewing every 6 months?!?
- Everyone knows your name. The State Farm commercial said it best. That is what an independent agent is all about, the personal rapport with the customers. Being able to put a face or voice with the name, whether at the agency, a phone call or just passing by on the street.
- Circumstance forgiveness. An independent agent has a rapport with their carriers and if a circumstance occurred that a customer was late paying a bill and the policy went into cancellation before the payment arrived, in some cases an agent may be able to obtain a one-time forgiveness from the carrier and the policy would be reinstated without a penalty.
- Free personal insurance advice all the time. It may not cost anything to pick up the phone and call any XYZ insurance company, but consider what it may cost you in time and effort in order to reach an actual PERSON. An independent agent is only a phone call away and better yet to go stop in and visit personally for all your questions and insurance needs.
Here at Donald J. Medeiros Insurance Agency our goal is to try to help our viewers by suggesting solutions for all insurance needs. By no means can we address each reader’s specific concerns in every incident. So, we strongly advise to check with an insurance representative to address your specific needs. However, you can also contact us for any questions or concerns and we will be happy to help you. We can offer coverage for both Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
Come visit us at www.donmedeirosinsurance.com or give us a call at 508-678-1271. We look forward to hearing from you! If you have a Facebook account, fan us at http://www.facebook.com/donmedeiros.
Filed Under: Ways to Save | Tagged With: 123 agency, auto insurance, boat insurance, car insurance, Donald J. Medeiros Insurance Agency, Home Insurance, homeowners insurance, independent agent, insurance carrier, motorcycle insurance, personal insurance, RV insurance, State Farm commercial